Figured I would throw this out there and see if any interest.If we have enuf people we would then decide where we could do it.Just for fun and/or we could do a pool for biggest fish also.Looks like we will have plenty of ice for a while.So if you would like to participate just chime in on this thread.Also, might as well toss in your idea for location too.Keep in mind that most state-stocked lakes close after this Saturday,one exception is Crystal Lake.That stays open til March 31.

Posted Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:07 pm

Sounds like a good time, I would be in.

I suggest Mansfield hollow, not that I can catch a single fish out of there.

I just want to be there to watch tbob walk to the other side of the lake like he was mentioning not to long ago to another member on the site

Posted Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:53 am

Toooooo bad it closes end of this month!!!It seems you need to check your anglers guide.Besides,I been going to the gym 3 times a week and could jog across it now!!!

Posted Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:03 am

Sitting in a hot tub 3 times a week don't do you much good other than give you time to study the anglers guide it appears

Posted Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:37 pm

i would be interested as long as it is not the weekend of the 7th & 8th of march we are headed to the state wide derby in maine www.icefishingderby.com

Posted Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:56 pm

I'd be game......just bepends on the local girls bball team and the state tournament.

Posted Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:48 pm

if there is still ice! I would be able to do something the weekend of the 14th or the 15th maybe up north, winchester or highland? just throwing it out there. but game for anywhere that weekend.

Posted Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:30 pm

Was at Mansfield Last week, Scary getting on to the ice then!
Caught a chain pickerel about 10' long, I think he was choking on my shiner and needed somebody to get that shiner out of it's mouth.
My Friend missed a large fish about 10 minutes before I got the Pickerel, He has caught a lot of Northerns and figures it was over 6lbs.
Stay safe on that ICE!
Fishfreak

Posted Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:07 pm

Well, our cod trip for yesterday got blown out by high seas and we are now rescheduled for next Friday.So next Saturday is prob out for a get together.Lets shoot for the following Saturday, of course all depends on ice conditions.

Posted Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Bob from Bobs place told me that a guy fell in at Mansfield the other day. I think our ice fishing days are numbered.

Posted Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:07 pm

In the past week there have been over a dozen water rescues in northeast ct.

Posted Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:58 pm

rogerhey

In the past week there have been over a dozen water rescues in northeast ct.

I would like to see the details on those Question

The northwest hills will have safe ice I will guess till 3rd week of March

Posted Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:08 pm

I saw story in paper bout Mansfield,2 guys went in near boat launch, which if you know what you are doing there is moving water between that small island,boat launch, and the tubes under the road that connect the water.In other words,dumb move by them.Have heard no other stories bout anybody getting rescued.We fished Saturday in Northeast corner,small pond plus Bigelow, and had 12 inches of ice.We wore out an electric augers battery after cutting 50 holes.Lotsa guys fishing Crystal today also.

Posted Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:13 pm

Guess we are gonna try this next year.Ran out of time and ice.

Posted Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:53 pm

Atta boy...close it out.

Posted Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:30 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links