Opening Day of trout season is over. Let the serious fishing begin.

Anglers who failed to get out early Saturday -- and by early I mean in the neighborhood of 2 a.m. -- found themselves jostling for space at one of the slow-flowing deep holes in area rivers where the recently stocked trout have been forced to take refuge due to the extremely low-water levels. Rivers that last year at this time were raging torrents are this year reduced to mere trickles of their former selves.

If there was a chance to take a trout home it was at one of those pools or, better yet, at a local pond trout park. Veteran trout fishermen say they have never seen streams and rivers running so low. If the water gets any lower, said one witty wag, somebody will have to teach the trout to walk.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/sports/article/It-s-time-for-the-serious-fishing-3499893.php#ixzz1sia9gNxz

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:50 pm

let it begin,the water was so shallow where i was fishing allong the river.Allot of the trout stayed in the one deep pool in the stretch of the river and never moved down due to the lack of water.which made good fishing for me : )

Posted Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:51 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links