Took the afternoon off (actully left work at 10 am) from work and headed up to a favorite spot on the Farmington in hopes of hitting the Hendrickson hatch. When I arrived at 11 only some caddis were about. Spent the first hour or so nymphing and picked up several fish on BH Pheasant Tail nymphs.
Just befor 1Pm I noticed seval of the mahogany sailboats floating by. Within a 1/2 hour seeing the first bugs, a few fish stated showing some interest in the 100's of Hendrticksons now floating through the pool.
It only took three or four castsd before my fly was gobbled up by a 6" Salmon. After changing to a fresh fly, my next presentation tricked a nice 14 inch brown. For the next 45 minutes fish dined on the prolific hatch and I managed to land and release a half dozen more trout. Nothing big... all in the 12 to 15 inch range, but lots of fun. Hope to get on the river at the opt time before the hatch fades for 2009.

Posted Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:17 pm

Sorry I didn't see. I don't work on Wednesdays (don't start mocking, I work 12 hours the other 4 days of the week with a 3 1/2 hour round trip commute plus some Saturdays...). I have other commitments on Wednesday mornings.
Around 1p I hit my favorite spot. I started with Hendricksons. I have never had such success on the Farmington before. Like you, I reeled in about 14 in the 9-14" size plus many more strikes. Fun day.

Posted Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:01 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links