Hi all.

My name is Scott. I am moving to Redding Ct at the end of March. I have always lived in the Chicago area. I am involved in a board here called chitown-angler.com I am also the current vice-president of the Riverside Fishing Club ( riversidefishingclub.com ).

I have only fished in the ocean a few times in my life. My boat is a 17' Smokercraft Millentia with 125hp of Mercury 2-stroke power. I am looking forward to getting involved in Connecticut fishing. I would also like to find a club to join if any of you are aware of one in my area?

I hope I can contribute to your board and am glad that I found it.

Best Regards
Scott

Posted Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:01 am

Welcome to the site Scott!I am sure we will try to answer any questions for you once you are settled in.There are many options as far as salt fishing goes.Good Luck!

Posted Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:41 am

Hello Scott, Welcome to CT and the site. If you enjoyed ocean fishing the few times you went, you are in for a treat.

Let's just hope the tighter and tighter regulations don't kill saltwater fishing all together.

Plenty of great freshwater fishing too, you will be close to Candlewood lake that should provide great fishing for you. Go Fish

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Posted Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:04 am

If you interested in Saltwater Fly Fishing then checkout the CT RI Coastal Fly Fishers. Our club is about 12 years old with approx. 150 members from all ovwer New England and some other areas of the US.
We have a group that mentors and or is willing to fish with you on their boat or yours. Our site also has a listing of places to fish. Members can use a hotline that is updated by cell by anyone out on the water.
Good luck with your move to CT. Hope to see you on the water.
Bob

http://www.connri-saltfly.com/

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:14 pm

Welcome to the site Scott.

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:25 pm

welcome to the site

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:40 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links