Headed out about six this moning for a few hours of fishing on the Farmington. The river was up and after an hour of dreging nymphs, only one 12 inch rainbow came out to play. Decided to check out a couple of pools up on Sandy Brook. I haven't fished SB since spring 2008. The first pool looked promising, the water was low and clear and a trout rose with a splash to a caddis. Tied on a size 18 tan Elk hair and on the 3rd drift a trout wacked the fly. The 11 inch brookie gave a good account of itself on my 3wt. I continued fish the elk Hair caddis and took two more brookies and a fat 15 inch brown before action stopped.
Moved downstream to a smaller pool which gave up a small brookie on the elk hair.
Drove down to a bigger pool on the Still River which seemed to be alive with rising fish, none of which wanted anything to do with the Elk hair caddis. Changed up several times as fish continued to rise. Finally, a parachute Adams fooled a nice brook trout of a bout 15 inches. Hooked three more trout on the Adams before I called it a day about 10AM.

Posted Fri May 22, 2009 12:42 pm

Now that is what I call a good Friday morning! Very Happy

Posted Fri May 29, 2009 5:49 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links