I am fairly new to fishing. I have been fishing before but I am just really getting into it and I have heard that you could fish certain types of fish before the official start of fishing season. I have tried to find the fishing regulations on the DEP website but no luck...I don't think I am looking in the right place. I am really interested in striper fishing and I was wondering if they were one of the types of fish that you could fish for...any information would be appreciated...

Posted Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:13 pm

Hello Patsfan and welcome, for the most part trout would be the most concern for freshwater fish regulations in CT.
Many trout lakes close for any type fishing to protect the stocked trout.

Saltwater is a whole different story.

However stripers are open all year, both fresh and salt.
If you look under the "Tackle Box" tab on top of the page you will see
a selection "Anglers Guide" if you see things that are not clear, copy and paste them, with your questions here, I'm sure most with the knowledge will be glad to help.

Posted Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Welcome aboard!Just ask and we will help you any way we can! You can fish the Ct. river year round.Its never closed to fishing.

Posted Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:26 am

Thank you guys...I appreciate the help...I am sure I will have other questions..

Posted Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:35 pm

Most bass lakes sre open, if they stock trout then you have to wait. I fish the Ct. River and Moodus till opening day.

Posted Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:36 am

Thanks....good to know

Posted Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:16 pm

If you look under Tackel Box tab - Anglers Guide that should give you Ct fishing regulations.

Posted Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:53 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links