I need to find places I can fish from shore in ct without too much hiking in, not as young as I used to be.

Posted Mon May 24, 2021 12:44 pm

A lot of our shore line is privately owned so it makes it hard. I find the CT gov publication “A Fisheries Guide to the Lakes and Ponds of Connecticut” to be a worth while investment. In some considerable detail it discuss almost every fishable fresh water body in CT including species, depth maps and fishing access points.. I am not sure where you live, but places northwest of Hartford include the Farmington River (does require wading in some parts), Salmon Brook (Cranbrook Park , East Granby ( best in the spring)), Nod Brook WMA, Stratton Brook Trout Park Simsbury, Fisher Meadow , Avon, McDonough reservoir ( south access from 219, New Hartford) , includes shore line and an accessible platform, Farmington river accessible platform in New Hartford (dirt road off of 318 just east of the the bridge over the Farmington river in Pleasant Valley), Batterson Park dam (I have good success here from a kayak, but not much from the dam although I see a lot of “evidence “ left by people fishing for catfish who unfortunately leave their chicken liver containers strewn about).

Posted Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:00 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links