Hey everyone i have a humminbird matrix 12 fish finder that i got with another boat the trans was broke and i never fixed it. I want to mount it in my kayak with the new kayak mount for the flat bottom are they interchangable can you use any trans with any model.[/b]

Posted Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:21 pm

Check humminbirds website. They offer a good amount of info and you can ask them the same question. They now have a custom setup specifically for kayaks for about $400. They would be the best resource to check what is adaptable and what isn't. I bought the Pirhanamax160 from Cabellas and found that the transducer had the water temp sensor built in. If I adhered it to the inner floor of my kayak, I would not get correct water temps. The site gave me a choice of either trading in for a transducer without temp sensor so I could glue it, and getting a separate temp sensor, or getting a suction cup mount for the transducer I had. I bought the suction cup mount from Humminbird site and tried it. I just reach under my yak and stick it on after I leave shore. The problem is that it comes undone periodically and will show weird readings on the display. Then when you are in heavy scrub, it catches branches and other crap and drags it along. I should have traded for the glue in version with separate temp sensor. A little more info than you requested, but I hope it helps.

Posted Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:42 pm

Thanks mac
At least i know to go with the flush mount. I just hate to get rid of one the works fine.

Posted Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:46 pm

If you get the new transducer, see if they have the mount frame so you use grease to set the transducer in place. The frame is glued to floor and is filled with grease, then transducer is set into it. This way you can easily reuse transducer if you upgrade to a new yak. See the Humminbird video on the new kayak setup and you'll see what is possible. Looks like a good mounting option for any transducer.

Posted Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:52 pm

I'm hoping it fits the old models will let everyone know

Posted Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:56 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links