Some of people I talk to say they won't fish on opening day or weekend becauase most of the spots are to crowded.
Me- It depends on the day if it's rainy I'm definitly going some years I wait till the next weekend.

Posted Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:44 pm

By then I've fished since the end of March. I'll go to bass managed lakes to beat the crowd.

Posted Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:41 am

Good idea Bass managed lakes. I try to start fishing when the weather gets warm enough but last year was like there was no spring and barely a summer. Hopefully this year will be more promising.

Posted Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:24 am

I hit a small stream down from my house in the morning, and then after lunch I hook up the boat and hit a pond. Around here most concentrate on trout, so the lakes and ponds aren't too bad. Getting a good place on a stream is a different story. Very Happy

Posted Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:05 pm

Not going to be to many fishing 1st day this year when they find out the price of a license.

Posted Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:32 am

I dont go for trout much but i live across the street from a stocked river. Like to get some schoolies and prespawn bass around that time.

Posted Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:42 pm

Shouldn't this be under trout fishing instead of bass?

Posted Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:43 pm

diggadave24

I think he was asking if anyone goes for Bass on opening day.

Posted Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:11 pm

ehertzfeld

diggadave24

I think he was asking if anyone goes for Bass on opening day.

What it sounds like to me too Hertzy.
That time of year I'm trying for schoolies on the CT or Farmington river

Posted Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:13 pm

I left it for bass but it could go either way. I don't do alot of trout fishing which is something I'm gonna do more of this year I got a new flyreel (Hardy Bros.)I wanna try out.

Posted Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:02 am

You get a lot of LL Bean gear to go with that fly reel Wink

Posted Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:22 am

aqualung

You get a lot of LL Bean gear to go with that fly reel Wink

I knew i forgot something

Posted Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:13 pm

I do fish opening day, simply because i'm usually already fishing as soon as the ice melts. i dont fish for trout so im usually active before then and when opening day does roll around i go places where no one else is likely to be; places that are secluded and not heavy with trout. usually early spring has me hitting bass and perch. i catch and release 99% of the time anyway so to m i guess opening day has no real significance.

Posted Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:40 pm

I have fished on opening day only once and never again. I went to a local pond stocked with trout and it was so busy that I thought I was on the Mijoy on the weekend. Mad I usually just go the day after or the next weekend. Very Happy

Posted Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:34 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links