I heard talk of it but here is the official word on the launch closing, this is one of my favorite boat launches

Connecticut DEP To Temporarily Close the Bayberry Lane State

Boat Launch in Groton for Renovations
Alternative Public Boat Launches Available
The Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) will be temporarily closing the Bayberry Lane State Boat Launch in Groton for renovations. The closure will be effective August 2, 2010 through December 31, 2010 while the State boat launch is being upgraded and facilities enhanced.

Renovations to the Bayberry Lane State Boat Launch will include:

Boat Ramp – installing a new ramp of pre-cast concrete, with a grooved surface;
Dock – installing a new floating dock system;
Access Road & Turning Area – redesigning, prepping and paving the surfaces;
ADA Accessibility – installing a paved handicapped accessible parking area and travel way with unhindered access to the dock system;
Parking Area – improving parking design, and prepping and paving the surfaces;
Lighting – installing a new solar powered street light at the ramp for night boating.
“The rehabilitation of the boat launch will enhance recreational opportunities for boaters in the State,” said Eleanor Mariani, of DEP’s Boating Division. “The renovations, which will be completed this fall, will improve boating operations with better designed parking and access roads, new dock system and lighting, and an improved boat ramp; all facilitating the safe and efficient launching and retrieval of boats.”

While the renovations are taking place, the public can utilize the following boat launches in the area: Barn Island in Stonington, K.E. Streeter on the Thames River in Groton, and the Thames River in New London. For additional state owned boat launches see the CT Boater’s Guide or click on the Featured Link: Locate A State Boat Launch on DEP’s website: www.ct.gov/dep/boating .

Should be nice once done...they will probably start charging to use it.

Posted Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:13 pm

dammm,couldnt they wait til we are done toggin!!!

Posted Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:07 am

tbob55

dammm,couldnt they wait til we are done toggin!!!

I know...I Know....not just a 4 minute ride out this year Wink

Posted Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:45 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links