DEP To Hold Public Informational Meetings on Lobster Management Practices in Long Island Sound
The Connecticut Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) Marine Fisheries Division will be holding two informational meetings to update lobstermen on the recent activities of the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission (ASMFC) American Lobster Technical Committee and Management Board. Potential management actions proposed for the Southern New England lobster stock, which includes Long Island Sound and all other areas south of Cape Cod, will be discussed. Significant management actions, including consideration of a five year ban on lobster harvest in this region, are being considered by ASMFC in light of the latest stock assessment which declared the stock depleted and in need of rebuilding.

Two meetings will be held:

7:00 PM, Monday, July 12, 2010
DEP Marine Headquarters Education Center
333 Ferry Road
Old Lyme, CT 06371

Take I-95 to Exit 70 to Route 156 south, turn right onto Ferry Road, and follow to the end. The Education Center is located at the rear of the property.

7:00 PM, Thursday, July 15, 2010
The Sound School
60 South Water Street
New Haven, CT 06519

Take I-95 North to Exit 44 and turn right onto CT-10 or I-95 South to Exit 45 and turn left onto CT-10. CT-10 becomes Sea Street. Follow Sea Street straight through traffic light at the intersection of Howard Ave. The Sound School is on City Point at the end of Sea Street.

For further information, contact the DEP Marine Fisheries Division by email at dep.marine.fisheries@ct.gov, by mail at P.O. Box 719, Old Lyme, CT 06371 or by telephone at 860.434.6043 between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday.

Posted Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:48 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links