I guess it's a midlife crisis. I joined the community access television station CTV-14 in Windham, CT. in 2008 and have been shooting 30 minute mini-documentaries.

Last month, my film crew produced the 30 minute 2009 Salisbury Winter Sports Association Ski Jumps (local airing on 3/28-4/11 two times per week-check www.CTV14.com for schedule)

My production crew is seeking a small or large boat in the hunt for Bluefish. The theme of the show will center around the rivalry between blue fishermen-women and their striper counterparts. We wish to tape interviews with crewmen, skippers and deckhands or even small boats with friends on a bluefish hunt.

We're looking for some colorful characters, some filmable tips on rigging, fishing and landing blues and great panoramas. We are three in all, myself as cameraman and director (age 59), my brother who is shaping his mid life crisis with being and interviewer and cameraman (5Cool, and my son, cameraman (11), who tries to do as I say but would rather be home playing games on the computer, I'm sure. We won't be fishing, only filming. Our radius is located from Niantic to Charleston, R.I.

Our productions are light, fun to watch, and promote whatever issue we are filming. As editor, I keep the finished cut G for General Audiences. Any profanity-laden interviews will not make the cut. In order to make a 30 minute doc, we need about 7 hours of footage!We are already planning the next segment which will either be Stripers (of course) or Tuna. We had planned to do a show on the trout hatchery in Burlington, CT. but realized it would not air before opening day 2009.

The productions take about 60 days from the beginning of scriptwriting until completion with music, titles, acknowledgements, sound mixing and final editing. It is then broadcast on our local Public Access www.CTV-14.com show.

Everyone has a local access station in their area. The finished DVD format discs are then available for you to take to your local cable access station, hand over to them, and see yourself immortalized on TV!

If you think you would like to join us in this undertaking, please e-mail me at ccsewing@sbcglobal.net

Tight Lines Semper Fi and God Bless the Marine Corps!

Posted Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:31 pm

The theme of the show will center around the rivalry between blue fishermen-women and their striper counterparts. We wish to tape interviews with crewmen, skippers and deckhands or even small boats with friends on a bluefish hunt.

I don't think you will find a rivalry, many striper fisherman just don't like bluefish in general because they destroy their bait when striper fishing. I personally consider blue fish a nuisance (junk fish) when I'm fishing for stripers. In my opinion, no talent required to hook a bluefish when they are in thick and heavy.
The more bluefish fisherman eliminating blues while I am out there trying to catch stripers the better.

A better theme might be, fisherman who love bluefish and those that hate them.

Posted Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:14 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links