This little tid bit of a report is to keep tbob from whining.

I will do a full report soon, Great day, Great fishing..Perfect!

I have about 30-40lbs of fillets I need to skin in the morning.

I limited out, and there was an estimated 60-65lb pool winner.

Posted Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:46 pm

Keep me from whining?I am gonna whine worse now cause I wish so badly that I had been there with you!!!Hurry up with the details.

Posted Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:19 pm

OK Lung....its now 8:30 Monday......still waiting on FULL REPORT!!!

Posted Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:31 am

OK here is how the trip went.

Boat sailed at 5:00 AM I was one of the last to board so unfortunately all I had was a bunk seat, no table Twisted Evil
There were 32 people aboard.
We hit our first spot about 7:30, only a few fish landed in about 15 minutes Capt, says time to move.
At our next spot by 8:00, I drop my jig to the bottom within 10 sec. had hooked my first fish of the day.
By 9:00 I had 3 or 4 cod in my tote. One that I thought would be a pool contender possibly (about 18lbs), it was early and had high hopes until the Capt from above says, they just boated about a 60lb'r on the other side of the boat.
We drifted for the first two hours or so, every drift I had one or two fish. All fish that I saw were coming from jigs. Only at one point when it slowed in the afternoon, the guy next to me switched over to bait and managed 2.
Action was steady till later in the afternoon.
I managed to limit out with my 10. I had a few medium size fish and most others about 25"
There were a lot of throw backs as well.
The long and short of it, was a fantastic trip, great weather, great fishing, great crew.
We were back at the dock by 5:00PM
Capt Jim does one hell of a job to put you on fish, He is one of the best locally in my opinion.
Anyone interested he has another trip this weekend, he is not sure if it is going to be an over niter or an extended trip like this one was. He said to call mid week after the storm they say we are getting passes.

The partial catch

Weather was great!

Last edited by aqualung on Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:13 pm; edited 6 times in total

Posted Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:55 am

Excellent report......wow 32 people!Thats a pretty good turnout.
Lavjig or Norwegians?and did any fish come on the teaser?if yes,what color?......no mention of pollack so am assuming they are not around.Any haddock caught? Glad you had good luck.You couldnt have picked a better weather day.Oh yeah, did you run into your good bud Orlando?haahhahahaahahha.

Posted Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:17 am

Glad you asked tbob I knew I would leave out some info .
I was using Norwegians as most others, I did see some Lav jigs
towards the back of the boat, I'm sure they did just as well.
I did have a couple doubles, so yes they were hitting the teasers.
I was using a rather large white plastic skirt type, the guy next to me had a bright pink shrimp that worked also. The color I don't think was as important as it was Pollock fishing that day. Seemed the fish on the teasers were smaller though.
I did not see any Haddock or Pollock, I did see 2 of the biggest Sea robins I have ever seen that hit a jig.
This was strictly a Cod trip, as I understand it the overnight trips mix it up a bit with the Haddock and Pollock

Last edited by aqualung on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:05 am

Alrighty then,thanks for filling us in on the details.But you may want to go back and edit your last sentence.Who tied your dropper loop for you this time???hahahahaha.

Posted Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:51 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links