Hit the water at 6:00 and headed for a point not far from the ramp. Started throwing top water buzzbaits and sencos. switched to a sammy and started to get hits. We had five fish in 20 mins. I saw a 16" hit my sammy and thought finally I have a fish worth entering into the BFT contest. As it was breaking water and Bob yelling you still have it on, I didn't feel any preasure on the rod. The clip had come undone and as I reeled my line in it was thrashing on the top of the water with my Sammy. By the time we used the trolling motor to try and net it, it was gone. By 8:30 the bite had stopped. Tried everything and as a last stop we went to a wind blown point and I tied on a caralina rig with a small watermelon lizard and slow cranked it by the weed line. 11 smallies in an hour and redeemed myself with a 15 1/2" smallie. Ended the day with the boat getting 17 smallies, 3 lgmouth and 2 rockbass on sencos. Great day for fishing.

Posted Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:39 pm

Hey lundrunner,
My friend and i are new to Candlewood and have had limited success. I caught a 16 in smallmouth and several rock bass last friday night. We fished the east side of deer island last week with nary a bite. I wonder if you can point me to some more productive spots.
Thanks,
Tj

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:16 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links