Ok,
I give in. Why am I snapping off lures when I cast? Lost 3 tonight! Is it the knot?New line. I did manage to get 2 nice Bass before I lost the last one.

Posted Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:32 pm

Usually when i break off during a cast it is from some small oversight like my line being wrapped up somehow before i cast, or if my knot does eventually slip. What kind of line do you use?

Posted Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:40 pm

8lb

Posted Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:15 pm

I believe he means what brand/manufacturer

Posted Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:39 pm

STREN

Posted Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:56 am

i personally have never had any luck using mono line. I only recently started to get serious about fishing(since last summer) but through my experimenting with different types of line my best results came from fire line crystal and trilene fluorocarbon. I use six pound test for both when bass fishing and light ugly sticks. This setup so far seems pretty much ideal for what i like to do and the lines perfom very well as long as i spool them correctly. I use a palomar knot with the fireline and a trilene knot with the fluorocarbon.

Posted Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:59 pm

got this baby my first time out with my new ugly stick light and 6lb fireline fishing with a topwater, sammy

Posted Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:08 pm

Nice pics! Have you tried the Persuader Lure with the E chip. I have had great results with it this week

Posted Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:32 pm

no never tried it or heard of it. is that the one with a light on it?

Posted Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:57 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links