I have a 14ft fisher deep v aluminum boat .Marker tag is gone was wondering what size to go with...Before anyone yells at me yes I have a pwc ,Yes I have Boating ,And yes I have a whole lot of other certs. And have been fishing for about 25 years.I just never owned a 14ft before my boats were allways bigger. Thanks for any info goingto be fishing lakes and the CT. River.

Posted Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:43 pm

Hiya TOD, I had a deep V starcraft 14' with a 25hp on it and the boat flew.
I would not suggest anything under a 10hp....15hp would probably do everything you want and need.

Posted Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:07 pm

I agree with Lung. I had a 14' and wish I had something bigger than my 9.9 Go with the 15hp

Posted Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:02 am

Hi Tub, go with the above advice. I had a 14' deep vee Mirrocraft with a 7 HP Merc. Both were a 1972 and the motor was heavy and I ctill cruised the CT river and other lakes easly on plane but that boat could handle something bigger. Newer motors are lighter than back then. There is a used motor dealer in Waterford I believe but the name escapes me at the moment. Do a search on "CT OUTBOARD MOTORS" and you will find it, they have everything for every budget.

Posted Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:47 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links