Got out late this morning and trout fished for a couple hours. Shoreline fishermen said they stocked here yesterday morning. Caught this guy on Phoebe, as well as two small pickerel. Nobody catching much while I was there, but saw several breaks. Only stayed a short time and took him home for lunch. Skies clear blue, water temp 59, water clarity very good. Bottom visible up to 6-7 feet. Good day to be out on the water. Gonna head back out this afternoon for bass. Rough night last night. Need a mid afternoon break to recoup.

Posted Sat May 01, 2010 10:48 am

Nice report....whatsa the matter mac,toooo much wine????

Posted Sat May 01, 2010 8:20 pm

beer, shots, live band, beer, shots, dancing, beer, shots, etc etc etc. Never ending cycle. At least lunch was good today.
Even made it up to Wethersfield cove for a couple hours this afternoon, too. Hooked into something big using a shad rap. Dragged me about 20 yards and came off. Pulled me and dragged off line at the same time. Never even saw it. Fun ride though.

Posted Sat May 01, 2010 8:45 pm

Musta been that keeper striper you been huntin for!!!

Posted Sun May 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Gotta work in Rhode Island the month of May. Be home for the weekends. I'll take another shot at em. Hopefully the wind dies down for next weekend and I get a shot at getting into the river.

Posted Sun May 02, 2010 7:57 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links