just wondering what many on here would consider their best bass fishing trip ever to be. mine was back in '07 at a place i now know to be illegal to fish at, but man, was it ever the best..i must've caught 20 fish that day, all over 1.5 lbs, and all on a Lucky Craft Sammy..at NOON of all times.. in OPEN WATER! so many bass hit so hard, i had to replace my Sammy because the finish was almost gone and one of the last fish had cracked it against a mostly submerged rock. (i dont see why i should keep the spot a secret. it was at the Asylum Reservoir #2 in Middletown if you wanted to know.you will be fined if you're caught and the area is actively patrolled..it was a really close call for me..i didnt know it was off limits when i decided to fish it because someone had knocked over the the only sign marking the area as off-limits to fishing. had i known this i may have never fished it. but im glad for the experience..it was just great...not saying id do it again(without proper caution anyway) Wink

Posted Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:23 pm

I have to admit that the best fishing I ever had was close to 30 years ago at Broad Brook Reservoir. This is also posted as NO FISHING. I was a kid and didn't care at the time. Wasn't uncommen to see 7 lb bass pulled pretty frequently. Also pulled in a 34" pickerel once. This place had tons of fish and all of good size. The perch & crappie were big and plentiful. There are probably state records in these waters for several species. I drool every time I drive by it. If the town held an auction for a single day fishing pass once a year to raise money, I'd be bidding til I got it. Smile

Posted Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:44 am

That brings back memorys. As a 16 year old I fished the middletown res as well. Higby res, but only got perch. Also the res you fished, but back then we only got pickerel. But you would get one on every third cast. All you needed was a spoon. Makes you wonder what it was like to fish before the white man showed up.

Posted Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:21 am

before the white men showed up there WEREN'T ANY BASS in the northeast..only smallies..hell i dont even know if they are native..the dominant predators were pickerel and pike before white people came and ruined everything..maybe even musky if you go back in time far enough..so many species have been introduced so far back in the past you have to do research to know whats really native..but i bet those were some big ass pickerel..one can dream..lol

Posted Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:17 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links