This year has been strange in a good way. This time of year I do some trout fishing. I like to fish for bass mostly. I've been out a couple of time and got bass unexpectedly.

1st. opening day little rive holdly's pond 5 largemouth nothing big
but a suprise.

2nd.yesterday fishing in the naugatuck river in beacon falls
expecting trout a smallmouth that gets airborn on me.

Not the biggest fish but a nice suprise anyone else noticing positive changes in CT waters.

Posted Fri May 01, 2009 5:25 pm

Dave,
My son and I have been catching a ton of smallies in the Naugy over the last two years. Up till then I had never seen one there, but they are coming on strong now. Try under Rte. 8 Overpass in Beacon Falls.

Posted Sat May 02, 2009 6:31 pm

thats great i hope it keeps getting better.

Posted Sat May 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Thats wild, I've been bass fishing and getting trout and bullheads in the catch. Shocked Starting to be a crazy year.

Posted Sun May 03, 2009 5:31 am

This weekend along with this bass I cought a Pickeral in the CT River. Also got Bluegills and Crappie while using the same lure for everything! I was using a 1/8 0z white jig with a 2 inch black curly tail.

Posted Mon May 04, 2009 6:51 pm

jeep thats great. I fished the CT river for the first time ever this weekend. I got an okay smallmouth and alot of schoolies. I don't remember were we put the boat in but it was the ramp they were having the shad tournament.

Posted Mon May 04, 2009 7:05 pm

Cool Dave, was it in Hartford? Haddam Medows is also popular for tourneys.

Posted Mon May 04, 2009 7:14 pm

It was in Windsor, now i remember the sign said windsor rod and gun club. The ramp was next to a restaurant.

Posted Mon May 04, 2009 7:23 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links