Boys and I hit the ramp by 8am. Fog, fog,fog!!!! We couldn't even see the shore across from the ramp. We made our way out, got as far as sandy point, decided to anchor and get the bait cut, rigs on the rod, and hang out to see if it would clear. Stayed there for around a half hour or so, and it looked like it was starting to clear. As we rounded the point, fog came back thick. We ended up anchoring out the outside of the break-wall till it finally cleared. That was around 11:00. While we were fogged in, we casted out and got one undersized fluke, and a ton of crabs! Some of the crabs were pretty big!

Once the fog lifted, we made the run to drift of off Misquamicut. There we hooked a few sea robins, and a few black sea bass. One i think was a keeper or very close.

No fluke there, but we did get a few small ones around white rock.

Not a single porgy was caught all day! Last Monday we got a few, not sure what the deal was. It was pretty choppy out there and windy at times. A ton of boats zooming every were! All in all it wasn't the best fishing day, but anytime out with my boys is worth it!

Posted Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:08 pm

Was waiting on your report Hertzy, It's all about depth, and the tide Wink and wind when drifting for the fluke.
Froggy days suck for those of us without radar. At least you got out and put some fish in the boat.

Posted Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:07 pm

Those are good eatin if you boil em for 36 hours and throw em away and drink the juice Razz

Posted Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:17 pm

We fished from 30 foot to 50 foot, we had a decent drift going, not too fast, but not a crawl either. I didn't see too many guys pull fluke over the rail, so I didn't feel bad! As far as eating the crab................na, I'll pass! Very Happy

Probably my last trip down for a bit. Going to NH at the end of the month, go to get the camper ready!

Posted Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:24 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links