aqualung

One more thing Hertzy...Listen up...THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
If you use a battery operated aerator, please, PLEASE! put the batteries in correctly Razz

Laughing he he, the pump I have is 110 so that isn't a problem.

Posted Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:02 pm

Oh OK...that's great.

Believe it or not I actually heard of one goof ball who had one of those battery operated aerator and put the batteries in backwards and figured every battery he put in was bad and kept throwing perfectly good batteries in the trash, meanwhile the poor little fish were starving for oxygen and dying Laughing Laughing Razz

Posted Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:17 pm

That is tooo much!LMFAO.Hey Hertzy, got another one for you.I go to buy a used portable fishfinder.So the guy shows me how it works.I say ok to his price,give him the money and then he takes out the 2 lantern batts and says they werent part of the deal.What would you think bout a guy who pulls a stunt like that???

Posted Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:40 pm

Why do I get the feeling there are some serious jabs going on here! Shocked Very Happy

Posted Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:48 pm

I was lucky enough to find a 75- 80 gallon horse pail for water. have to get a good aerator for it but prety sure it will be a good thing, it has a drain on the bottom front just have to make a cage around the drain so that i dont suck out the fish as it drains for water changes will send pics when complete, and oh yea I wont be paying for the bait at that point, plenty of places for trapping around my way. gonna haver to go and catch some pond shiners though,, Razz

Posted Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:24 am

You get that tank running yet choka?? Or is that a next year project??

Posted Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:06 pm

Hey Bob,
No Not yet, I will definitely have it up and running for next year,
do you fish live bait much in the warm weather? I may for pike this year I need to catch a larger one than I caught. think I may be able too with live bait

Posted Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:26 pm

I don't fish bait much in the open water Paul, usually around that time I am chasing river stripers or the saltwater action has started and I go back to sweetwater after everything is closed in the salt.
Already after a bigger one huh???

Posted Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:03 pm

I have a 100 gallon water tank in the garage and I use two pumps one for the filter that i basically pump the water into a can filled with active carbon and cut pieces of filter and the other i use to aerate the water. seems to work well depending on how many fish, I usually change water every other week. I also get water additive from the local bait shop to put in the water. don't know if this helps!

Last edited by tjasinski on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:49 pm

Hey Bob,
Well Yea! Lol always looking for bigger, and better, and more often,
Chasing stripers is always a good thing, Hey you ever live line scup for em? in the ocean That is.

Posted Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:05 am

Hiya TJ welcome to the site, nice size tank you have going there.
Where a bout's you from?? How do you trap your bait?? I use an umbrella net myself.

Paul, Last season was the first time I tried to 3 way scup for stripers, and didn't do anything that day.

I prefer bunker or hickory shad myself when I can get them.

Posted Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:35 am

yea, the hickory are nice,
out at charlestown bw between live lining the eels and the scup some cows come in my cousin brought in a 40 + on the scup
some guys filet one side and use em like a pork rind

Posted Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:01 pm

I am new to the site and I like it much better then all the other pay sites. I am from wallingford but will travel anywhere to fish.

Last edited by tjasinski on Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:57 pm

hey T J
Welcome

Posted Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:47 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links