Anyone else getting ready for the tog opener?? I been busy tying up rigs and pouring some lead.
Of course I will be donating my share to the reef gods in an attempt to hook into some nice fall togs. Go Fish

Posted Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:34 pm

best time of the year lung Go Fish

Posted Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:25 pm

Hey bob I was wondering what your black fish rigs consisted of and if you got my pm?

rob

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:07 pm

I did get your PM and replied,(I thought) but I see it never made it to you.
That robot check must of ate my message Laughing

I will reply again, glad you checked with me I was under the impression you had my reply.

Anyway for the Tog rigs, The ones I tied up so far this year consist of 50lb Mono, some prefer Fluorocarbon, I'm not that fussy since I have read Togs are not line shy, is that totally true? I'm sure it depends on conditions. I am using a variety of Gamakatsu hooks. What I have used in the past and will use again this year are 4/0 Octopus hook, I am going to try some 3/0 Octopus and circle hooks. I have some rigs tied up like a high/low using 2 hooks, and I have some single hook rigs, I have added some color to some using red and yellow tubing and some are plain. Most have no hardware on them at all I just use a dropper loop and surgeon loop to tie them up. I have made and am going to try using break away loops for my lead this year, I lost way too many complete rigs last year. With the breakaway loop being 30lb mono when the lead gets stuck in a crevice, the loop will break, I will just slip on a new loop and lead and am back down after them, instead of screwing around with having to attach a whole new rig and bait up.

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:32 pm

If u have time send or post a picture........................please

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:22 pm

Hopefully I will remember my camera tomorrow Rob, and will be able to get a few pics with togs attached to the rigs

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:31 pm

Excellant and still no pm.

Posted Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:36 pm

Rob hey, I grabbed these off google.

Posted Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:18 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links