Any of you guys up for a overnight cod trip. 1-31-09 / 2-1-09
The boat would be the American Classic out of Boston area.
$169
Leave Sat at 9 in the evening return about 5 in the afternoon the next day.
This is also super bowl weekend FYI

If seriously interested, post it here.

The web site is http://www.walshsfishing.com

The web site doesn't say much, I called Capt Jim the other night, and he said his next trip was the 31st

Last edited by aqualung on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:36 pm

sorry aqualung but thats to much money for me. i think i will be going on the hell cat in feb. sometime for cod.

Posted Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:08 pm

Reel em, have you done Helcat trip before?...how was it?
We are also considering Frances Fleet....have you been on that boat in Feb for cod????....please advise.

Lung, if you dont go Walshs lets try for trip in Feb.

Posted Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:37 pm

tbob55 no i have not been on the hell cat or frances fleet before. but i was told that the hellcat has a good blues and bass trip wich i will be doing and i been checking the fishing report and yesturday and today were their first trip out for god and they have some nice pics on the site from what people have caught these last 2 days one guy caught a nice 16lb god on saturday and one guy caught 2 pollac i beleive one was 22lb and another 11lbs. ive heard good things about the frances fleet but im in springfield mas and i rather travel 1 1/2 hours to the hell cat rather then 2 1/2hours to the frances fleet.
im planning on going on the hell cat in feb. sometime i need to save up some money first

Posted Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:20 pm

thanks for your input.......I am gonna watch reports from both boats and see what happens....if you are serious about a Feb trip several of us may go and you are welcome to join in.....most likely be a Friday......carpool is a possibility also....we are all near 91.

Posted Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:01 am

Lung, you goin on overniter????????

Reelem and Lung, I called Frances Fleet today.They still have not gone out yet this year.They are shooting for this Friday so will wait for reports before thinking bout going out on that boat.

Posted Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:55 am

Don't look like it tbob...you and the two other jabonies all backed out.
Not the type trip that would be much fun alone. Twisted Evil
Looked at the website he has the trip as a GO!!! so far

Posted Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:04 am

tbob I figure this report of the Francis fleet would interest you.

Despite an unquestionably beautiful day for the end of January, the cod trip was uneventful to say the least. We started off within site of the Block and pulled in a couple of Ocean Pout. We steamed south east for deeper water and found only hordes of Dogfish. We headed back for the Block to get away from the dawgs. After a few spots at anchor with not so much as a touch, we finally found a few Cod and legions of Ocean Perch that were stripping our clams faster than we could send them down. Out of 16 people only 5 Cod were caught. An eighty one year old salt caught the $5 pool winner and honorable mention as High-hook with two cod of 6 & 8 lbs. I humbly took the $3 pool with a 24", 6 lb. Cod, which paid for half my fare. Without a doubt, a great day to get out there, too bad the Cod played hard to get. Lots of Harbor seals all around Point Judith. Many thanks to Cap'n Don and Ted who worked hard to provide some sport for our group of cabin fever victims.

This one regarding Walsh's

While the Frances does post detailed reports, I have been with them with disappointing results only to read a report that I was envious of. Because of that, i really appreciate *** members who post their reports from various trips, frances fleet included. I don't post much as i usually fish with my friend, who usually beats me to the punch. As for the AC, every time I go elsewhere to test the waters, I come back scratching my head wondering why I didn't drive the extra distance and go with Capt. Walsh

Are you over that FF thing yet???

Posted Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:37 pm

YUP...you just convinced me.I am stubborn just like you.I still think you should go this weekend.I am sure with your tool magnet turned on you would find/make new friends.Having said that,lets see the report from this overniter and if good lets jump on the next trip for sure.....sound good to you???......next week find out date of next one please and lets do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s.....whats a jabonie?....please refrain from the name calling or you may get booted from here also!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:47 pm

I used to go fishin on the frances fleet when i was a kid. Done the two day specials and whatnot. its a good boat to go on and we came back satisfied. and for the gent who lives in springfield should also try the capt john boats in plymouth ma. we came back from many successful trips

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:07 am

Not bashing the Frances Fleet apcllc7.
They have their good time of year.
I just don't think this time of year is very productive for them compared to some of the other boats up north.

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:53 pm

YEA JUST LIKE ALL BOATS...THEYRE HOT WHEN THERE HOT AND WHEN THEYRE NOT....ATLEAST YOU WENT FOR A NICE BOATRIDE LOL Confused

Posted Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:52 pm

I just heard, and am working on confirmation.
The trip has changed from an overnighter to a 13 hour Sunday trip.
Boat leaves at 5AM returns 6PM $125

Anyone interested now???

I want to go on this trip...can you tell Mr. Green

Posted Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:57 pm

If you go GOOD LUCK and will be watching for results.I expect you to post as soon as you get home.I dont care how tired you are.If you dont go lets jump on the next one in Feb. I cant wait to use my new Torium 20!!!

Posted Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:16 pm

If I can get my azz out of bed at about 1:00 AM..I'm going Damnit!
Presuming I do wake up, I will send some text messages to the site
under the new "Tackle Box" Tab
I will check my computer at 1:30 for any late additions..LMAO Razz

Posted Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:45 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links