I know that public they say that there is no public access to the lake but there is a boat launch for small boats.. want to fish the ice there and want to know if anyone has any insite that maight help me in my plans to fish this place without conflict or atleast minimal
Can anyone help?
chokabitch

Posted Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:24 pm

From my CT lakes and ponds book:

There is no public access; however, small boats can launch via a private right-of-way on the southeastern shoreline of the northern basin.

now looking at the map, I would say it must be on South Shore road off of Maple st.

I have never been there, so I'm not sure. Let us know if you do go and how you make out.

Posted Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:23 pm

hey pauly!where the heck u been????...I got no info on that pplace
other than I beleive it has some real deep water and nice trout.
If we get our chit together and have ctff ice get together come join us,ok?

Posted Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:31 pm

Hey Tbob,
Yea I will def have to . I have been in a chity situation lately and unable to get out. but i am itching, I have to head out to cabellas today to pick up something up. this will be a good tool for me...

I have been jealous I ahve been seeing guys out at ashland and other places... I want pike!!!!!!! and big bass too but I want Pike!!!!!!!!! it will be good to just get out. My cuz said that they got a few nice walleye at gardner the other night.
But at any rate we will all get together at some point.
TTYL

Posted Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:01 am

how nice were the gardner eyes????....biguns???

Posted Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:04 am

eh .... i guess they were about 19-20 inches from what they said

Posted Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:09 pm

ok,thanks.......gonna try another private lake tomorrow for Mr.Eye.

Posted Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Been fishing Alexanders for years.Big trout deep holes and clean clear water with some nice Bass and calicos. Talked to the game warden about it saturday and he said it is totally private now.no public access.The state stopped stocking it.Have to know someone on the lake.Good to hear from you paully.

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:51 am

Hey Matt,
Thanks for the info, crappy as it might be. I dont think going door to door will be a good way to go. but I have an idea....... there was a spot that I saw that looked like a good entry point. no houses and a pull off.. might take my chances... too good and too close to pass up i will just plead ignorant.. so anyways... hows things?

Posted Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:58 am

Just act like you belong there and I would find it hard to believe someone would bother you.

Posted Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:07 am

Caught a couple of bass and trout there today.PM the location to you.1 or 2 people no one says anything.no one fishes there anymore.The boat launch is gated and fenced.You cant even get a canoe in there,
[/img]

Posted Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:13 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links