today we hade a great day.we started on the north side of fishers island by the ferry landing.had a small school of blues pop up just as we started to get ready,i tried to get a few ,but no luck.i wanted to land a few on the flyrod that i just set up for them,hopefully next trip.we made 3 drifts in front of the ferry landing with no luck.then we headed over to barttlets reef.we fished the west side of the reef with the drift south to north.on the first drift my buddy joe comes up with a 26 inch fluke.we get out of the rip and nothing happens.we make the drift again,don picks up a fat short,then i get a 24 inch.,made 3 more drifts and got into the dogfish,i landed a 34.5,don landed a34 and joe landed a 28 .we then headed over to two trees channel.the drift was over west to east.joe picks up a 24 inch on the first drift don and i pick up 2 shorts each.made 4 more drifts with shorts comming up.on the last drift at the end i hook up with a nice one.it made it to the surface,but fishing with a 76 and 68 year olds they dont move to fast for the net,Crazy and i lost it at the surface.joe and i both guess around 26 inch,ohhh well Pirate it happens.then for our final hoorahh we headed over to the sea flower reef and drifted right to groton long point.landed a bunch of shorts untill we got near groton long point,joe started with a fat 24 inch don got a 20 inch, and guesss what!!,it happen again i brought up a nice 20-22 inch no net,lost at the surface AGAINMad.LOL i threaten to cut both thier lines next time we go out.
the majic bait was hickory shad strips today.the didnt want squid.the strips we from last year and we are almost out,i cant wait unill they come back in this year

Posted Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:22 pm

Sounds like a good day fishing congrats!

Posted Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:34 am

with the new photo feature heres a pic of a couple fluke from this trip

Posted Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:08 pm

Great day for ya Bigoutdoors, I've got to start bugging the other swede for a ride on his boat. I have nothing in the freezer. Shocked

Posted Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:19 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links