I had been watching the weather up there and been hoping get a trip in, well Monday looked like the window of opportunity.
Monday morning at 3:00 AM I was on the road to meet up with Matt and off we went.
We arrived loaded up our stuff and the boat sailed at 7 sharp, with tbobs favorite captain at the helm.
We arrived to the fishing grounds 2 1/2 hours later after a fairly rough ride out. First drop with my 16 oz lav jig down about 320 feet as soon as I reached bottom I had a fish on, great way to start.
Fishing was fast and furious for a couple hours, then it slowed we moved around a little and manged a fish here and there.
Matt and I had a good day all and all for not being a marathon trip.
I could of put quite a few more fish in the box, but I had to re-tie at least 4 times since my line was cut do to tangles, even if the boat is not that crowded when you catch Pollock down in 300 feet of water they do large circles on the way up and manage to gather a few lines in the process. The weather turned out to be a beautiful day for late November on the water in New Hampshire.

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:49 am

That's awesome. It's good to see pics and people still fishing.

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:52 am

It's good to see pics and people still fishing.

All winter long Snap...as long as the regulations don't force us to quit.
You can check previous winter reports Dec, Jan, Feb here.

http://www.ctfishfinder.com/phpBB2/ground-fishing-f5000.html

If you ever think you would be interested to hopping on a boat in the middle of winter, let me know. They have gear you can rent for cheap

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:38 pm

Doing all you're fishing further north? I didn't do any ground fishing this season, but have heard that Block and Cox's had a slow winter/spring. Haven't looked for any reports lately, as I've been down and out w/ kidney stones.

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:50 pm

Yea RNA pretty much fish up north until they pull the plug which will be Dec 15th I believe, then we start the RI fishing.
Last season it started early in RI and did not last long because of the warm weather I guess.
This year the FF was doing pretty good in RI with the cod about a month ago but it dropped off. I did see a report today from a capt who fishes the Block area a lot for cod and it looks like things are picking up again from what he said.

You need to get healthy first before you can worry about the fish, I have a friend going through the exact same thing at the moment.
Hope you are feeling better soon.

Posted Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:23 pm

aqualung

It's good to see pics and people still fishing.

All winter long Snap...as long as the regulations don't force us to quit.
You can check previous winter reports Dec, Jan, Feb here.

http://www.ctfishfinder.com/phpBB2/ground-fishing-f5000.html

If you ever think you would be interested to hopping on a boat in the middle of winter, let me know. They have gear you can rent for cheap

Thank You sir!

Posted Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:16 pm

whats a lav jig???

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:13 am

whats a lav jig?

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:13 am

tbob55

whats a lav jig?

Leave it to a greenhorn

As you can see from the link below, they are a very dangerous piece of fishing equipment/lure. If in the hands of an inexperienced novice they can cause serious injury. The hooks are very large and in some instances have been know to leave a certain un-named fisherman basically with his lower and upper arm fastened together by these dangerous hooks. Which in turn requires a trip to the ER where the un-named fisheman spends most of the evening with his faithful pal waiting patiently in the parking lot even while exhausted from a full day of fishing.

So please if any of you are not experienced in using this type lure
Don't think you can just run with the big dogs and use one without causing injury to yourself.

http://www.lavjigs.net/images/LavJigs_Chrome.jpg

Posted Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:08 pm

Wow those things do look dangerous! As a matter of fact I think Chuck Norris used to use them to to subdue the bad guys in some of his movies............................ I still don't understand how he would just throw them up in the air and they would come down in the perfect way rendering his enemies arms useless............Go figure? Rolling Eyes

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:21 am

Man I am so glad I asked...thanx for the lesson Lunger.

Too bad a certain skinny azz dude from Chicago always has to pipe in with his stupid 2 centz worth of crap.

This site would be so much improved if peep like him minded his own fukkkin bizness.

But a little birdie told me he is real good at inserting foot in mouth and taking cold water dips......Go figure?

Posted Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:35 am

Think you're getting a little sensitive in your old age my friend. You like to hook yourself and I like to take a swim every once in awhile, who gives a rat's azz? I ain't even the one who busted you out so don't be sending that sheet my way. I do my best to keep this site active, maybe you ought to show up more often than 4 times a year and it would be better than what it is. It's winter time anyway. Not gonna be much fishin. You wanna talk sheet, stop on over, you're always welcome. We'll drink some beers and talk sheet till the wee hours of the morning if you want.

Posted Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:10 pm

I do my best to keep this site active, maybe you ought to show up more often than 4 times a year and it would be better than what it is.

Now there's a good point...we are just second class misfits over here on this site.

Be careful with the invite Carp...he may splurge and bring a container of Shady Glen Cole Slaw and drink all your beer

Posted Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:16 pm

You guyz know I really appreciate your feedback from my pot stirring......I want you to know that the witty banter always makes my day!.....but the invite to drink beer til wee hours just wont work....young whipper snapper Carpy is in bed by 6:30 every night!!!

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:41 am

tbob55

You guyz know I really appreciate your feedback from my pot stirring......I want you to know that the witty banter always makes my day!.....but the invite to drink beer til wee hours just wont work....young whipper snapper Carpy is in bed by 6:30 every night!!!

Hold on there Mr tbob, I believe he does have 2 evenings off one of which is Tuesday evenings the last I knew...maybe if he could get permission, he could join us shooting a little pool, after all I am getting a little tired of being beat by you exclusively.

Posted Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:33 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links