Hey guys i need some help. I have recently just started using lures as a fishing method and its actually pretty fun and you could cover a lot ground. I fish a lot from shore and with spoons i am able to cast far and have the best luck with. I want to buy a new rod for casting spoons far. and i have no idea what rods will work the best. i have read that heavy action rod are best but i been looking and cant find nothing i like. i am willing to spend 200 but if there a really good rod for 300 i am willing to spend 100 for a big difference. I dont know should i get a long rod or not. i will be paring this rod with a stradic fj 4000 reel. i will be using 1/4-3/4 oz spoons. also what kind of line should i use mono, floro, or braid?

fishing report
saugatuck reserve last week
19 inch large mouth bass, 16 in small mouth 14 in brown trout, 22 in walleye, and a lot of small and large mouth bass 10-14 inches.
almost every fish want back in the water except for the trout because he swallowed the spoon, and the walleye because they taste to good Smile

Posted Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:28 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links