Fished a small pond today with Aqualung and one other friend.We iced a bunch of pickerel,several perch and bass,and one nice calico.
Lung was high hook on the picks and other bud nailed a bass,pick and the calico while jiggin same hole all within 15 minutes.I took lunker with a nice 19"1/4,4 lb LMB!Hope the weather cooperates and keeps making ice all week!!!

Posted Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:48 pm

OOOOOh thats cold

Hope you ate the LMB!

Posted Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:14 pm

Skip, all in good fun....I am sure he can take it.....he better for all the crap he dishes my way!.....Coventry soon???

Posted Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:00 am

Yea Yea Tbob..I was high hook on the picks but I was just running interference trying to keep those little bastards away from your bait Shocked I deserve at least an assist!

Oh and of course, don't mention you caught it on mongrel bait

Nice fish Bud, where's the picture???

Hey Matt you married yet?? Can you come out and play one of these days??? Laughing

Posted Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:30 am

So were did you guys get them?? I never was big on fishing after the snow flies, but since joining this forum, I'm getting the itch.

Posted Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:24 pm

Well I can't disclose location information since I was a guest and it is a very small place. Many smaller places now are starting to see enough ice to fish.
Lot's of bigger places are icing up too, I know they have been fishing Bigelow Hollow in Union and Black pond.
If I knew it was going to be as nice as it was today, I would have headed to the Thames again after those schoolies.

Posted Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:40 pm

OK Lung...if you insist,here it is!!!....19 inch and a little shy of 4 lbs.

Posted Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:34 pm

3lbs maybe....

No not married yet, but lifes been just peachy. Anyways i was thinking, i know of a little pond right up your alley that may be freezing up.. catch my drift, I'll be calling you this week.

Posted Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:15 pm

I have to defend Tbobs bass...it tipped 3.14 - 4.00 on the digital scale. That pic does not show what a fattie it was, it looks slim in the pic.

Give me a call Matt, I have work going on early in the week, but things may lighten up.
I stepped out on the cove today...must be 1 1/2 of nice black ice, not ready yet though.

Posted Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:05 pm

Thanks Lung....but consider the source of the comment and just ignore it!!!....he has "little eye" syndrome.

Posted Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:42 am

Regardless, let me know when coventry freezes up, I'm ready for early ice eyes

Cant believe the cove has ice on it, suppose i should pull my sh!t out eh?

Posted Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:39 pm

Coventry is close to being safe where we need it to be.You can get on some areas now but not the desired ones.Yup,get stuff ready!!!

Posted Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:58 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links