Caught myself a nice 14" rainbow in muddy river in north haven sunday morning about 5 am. really nice mornin of fishing. Fish poppin right out of the river till about 630.. Threw it back in, hope to catch it again, although with all this rain, its probably in the sound by now. ha

Posted Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:59 pm

Nice to here you sent it back to fight another day. Hopefully, one of the other users of CTFishFinder will get a chance at this nice one. Thanks for sharing your find and your obvious commitment to catch and release! Although, nothing beats fresh Trout on the grill, which is also responsible fishing! Nothing wrong with keeping the good ones. Responsible fishing is what its all about. Thanks for your posting.

Posted Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:27 pm

Be careful in the Muddy River in North Haven. I have fished it a few times and there is a guy that owns the land on both sides of the river and has it posted. He build a dam and has the hole personally stocked. It is loaded with fish and after checking with town hall he does actually have a land deed that stes he owns both sides. His house is north of the Clintonville Rd bridge.

I discussed the issue of the dam and wading through the area with DEP and North Haven PD prior to fishing the area and they said that I was allowed to wade through the stream and the posted signs were for the land on either side of the stream. I wasnt sure about the psoting laws and wanted to make sure I was in the right before fishing an area I wasnt supposed to. Well while I was fishing there the guy called the PD and they asked me to leave until they could look into it further. Upon looking into it further they came to the conclusion that the guy owns the land on both sides of the stream which means he owns the river bed and that you cannot wade through the area.

I dont want to see anyone else have to deal with this situation. It is a godd little river just steer clear of his house.

Google maps link to the house.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=41.394292,-72.823447&daddr=&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=19&sll=41.394041,-72.823496&sspn=0.001183,0.002929&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=19

Hard to see the river but it is right in front of this house.

Posted Fri Apr 25, 2008 11:01 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links