Do any of you know of any good smallmouth spots in CT? I don't want to travel too far so any around my area? I live in Windsor, CT.

Posted Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:49 pm

I'm heading to candlewood I'll let you know how it is for smallmouth.

Posted Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:02 pm

check out the new icon that was yesterday at candle wood my captian got a 21,19,16inch and some small ones

Posted Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:51 am

Colebrook is good, but Candy is better.

Posted Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:23 am

diggadave24

check out the new icon that was yesterday at candle wood my captian got a 21,19,16inch and some small ones

nice one of the biggest smallies i've seen

Posted Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:39 pm

My best spot for smallies is Rainbow Reservoir in Windsor, you can easy boat 30 a day. My biggest smallie came from Colebrook over 5 lbs. Check out my trips for more info.

Posted Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:06 am

i usually hit bulls bridge in Kent and the stretch of the river from the hydroelectric plant up to Great Falls in the town of Falls Village on the upper Housatonic River, but most of them are tiny. theres just a lot of them and it makes for a really active day. there are also an abundance of trout, rock bass,suckers, carp ,redbreast sunfish and a few kind of small pike..be careful of these, as they can show up unexpectedly. they have stolen lures from me above the dam at bulls bridge by slicing through my line..i lost 3 vibrax spinners this way in one day! had i known they were present i would've used steel leaders. i know you don't want to go too far, but its the closest place i know for you to get smallies besides Shenipsit Lake.

Posted Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:37 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links