Aqualung and I made the drive once again and fished the 12 hour Marathon.It was a mixed bag of cod,haddock,pollock,cusk and unfortunately lotsa doggies made their appearance at several of our stops during the day.Some real nice cod(15-18lbs)came over the rails along with several giant pollock.One of which captured the 2nd place pool for our very own Lung!Nice 21lb12oz pollock which was worth $150!!1st place winner was a 28 lb. cod that got a lucky guy $300!!!I ended up with 6 haddock but could not buy a keeper cod all day.One guy in the pulpit worked hard jiggin all day and I would say he was high hook on the boat with 21 fish,all cod and pollock.The weather was perfect and we met and fished with some real nice people.
Pictures from today to be added to this post by Lung soon!

Posted Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:25 pm

tbob pretty much summed it up. Beautiful day weather wise.
My day started off with a bang, I had 3 nice big fish in an hour and then things slowed for me. I ended up with 2 giant pollock a market sized cod, a Haddock and a Cusk. The dog fish really hampered our catch as far as I'm concerned, we spent a good part of the day reeling up dog fish just to struggle getting them off the hook and get back down fishing. A good day as always fishing with tbob just the same.

The good news is that the giant pollock are moving into the area, a good indicator that our Nov 13th Pollock slam trip will be great!
Won't have to worry bout no dog fish then. C'mon guys if you are thinking you might want to go, sign up for a great day of fishing.

Posted Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:36 am

Nice Fish Guys

Posted Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:06 pm

Thanks John.....still not toooo late for you to join us for Nov.13th!!!
Never mind chasing around little Bambi!!!

Posted Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:07 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links