To facilitate dam maintenance and repairs, an extensive draw down of RAINBOW RESERVOIR is currently scheduled to begin on Labor Day (September 7th), and is expected to continue throughout the month of September. During this period, the state boat launch will unusable due to the low water levels

The extensive drawdown of RAINBOW RESERVOIR scheduled to begin on Labor Day (September 7th) has been delayed, but is still expected to occur this month (September). Once the drawdown begins, the state boat launch will unusable due to the low water levels.

I hope this doesn't kill off as many fish as it did the last time they drained it down from what I understand anyway.

Last edited by aqualung on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Posted Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:30 am

It better not kill any....especially that BIG GIRL I lost this week!!!

Posted Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:42 pm

Got a report from someone who went there that its down 20 feet so far.

Posted Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:09 am

I going down tonight to see if I can launch a kayak. There is only the deep hole if front of the dam, most of the fish should be there or are below the dam now. The only plus is it is a good time to check out where all the cover is. The tournament for the 19th has been canceled.

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:16 am

Very Happy Just got back from Rainbow Reservoir and the water level is back to normal and I will be there on Saturday if anybody is interested in fishing with there kayak.

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:33 pm

Awesome! So hopefully not too much damage has occurred

Posted Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:11 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links