Hey everyone... new to the forum... have done a lot of Salt Water fishing in the Florida keys which is AMAZING. Been living in CT (Danbury,) for the past 3 years and just now got back into fishing as a hobby. Ive tried some small ponds and lakes in Ridgefield like Rainbow Lake and the Duck Pond. Does anyone know any good spots to fish near the Danbury area that are accessible by the shore... I would love the input... Thanks!

Posted Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:15 pm

I HEARD lake lillinonah was a decent spot... anyone been?

Posted Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:58 pm

What type of fishing are you looking to do? There are many lakes and rivers in the Danbury area that can produce a good day for you.

Posted Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:14 pm

Hey thanks for replying... I fish for all types. I have a vast selection of lures that Ive done my research on and just took a trip to Cabela's and im ready to go. I can go trout fishing, bass fishing, crappies, walleyes, pike etc. I guess just looking for general places that are known to be great fishing spots in the area so it's not as much as a wait game.

Posted Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:24 pm

Check out the angler's guide. Also the DEP posts weekly with many spots in your area. BigOutdoors posted the latest in this subject. Candlewood and Squantz are close to you. With a little travel the Housatonic is great.
Good luck! Razz

Posted Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:58 pm

Ball Pond in New Fairfield is good for trout and bass there is a state boat launch.

Posted Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:51 pm

Lake Lilinonah is close to danbury and offers great shore fishing for largemouth,smallmouth bass.Check a map out and find some points you can get to by car.There is very little residential bordering Lilinonah.
Of course you have Candelwood Lake/Squantz Pond which offers excellent fishing but limited shore fishing(damn rich people bordering shores) Very Happy

Posted Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:21 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links