Not sure why they call this a pond. It's big. Started at 7 for some bass but no weeds to harass, so I fished dropoffs and points for zip. Switched to docks and landed a pickerel at 8:30, then a one pounder at 8:45 on senco's. Time to go pick up Pop and Uncle Harry at the ramp at Nine. Get the old boys in the boat and they want to troll for trout. Ok we troll. I head for deep water as Tom suggested and switched cranks and depths for a while. Put on a white lucky and first fish on, a 18" brown. Nice way to start.[ turned out to be a hold over with pink meat] Next Harry hooks up and he's useing a saltwater rattletrap? Who am I to say anything when it works? Pops next with a trout using his faverite flat fish. Harry loses a big trout as it jumped 20ft from the boat. Harry and I both hooked up once again before the day ended. Tough place for bass but hang in the 20-30ft depth and you should hook up some trout.

Posted Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:10 am

HUMMMMM don't know what I was doing wrong, but I gave it a try yesterday. Got there about 7am, trolled the deep for a few hours, and only snagged one. It was right on the surface and it shook off as quickly as it was hooked. That was the only fish I got the whole day! I trolled with one at 25ft with the down rigger, one with a weight around 5 to 10ft, and one just under the surface. Even after I switched for some bass action, I got nothing! I did manage to have a walleye chase a jig up to the surface, but didn't bite. That happened right near the rocks in the center of the pond. I worked that area for a good hour.

Oh well, I'm thinking next time I'll get the a lot earlier and try trolling again.

Posted Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:12 am

Four weeks ago the weather was cooler and the top water was as well. It's tough on the sweetwater now. Thats why i went salt the last two weeks. Good fluke in stoneington east of the middle breakwater. Just not too many keepers. Evil or Very Mad

Posted Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:58 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links