Connecticut Marine Waters Fishing License: Update
June 23, 2009

A marine waters fishing license is currently NOT required.

The bill that establishes a marine waters fishing license has been passed by the legislature but will not be effective unless and until the Governor signs it into law.

If and when the Marine Waters Fishing License (MWFL) bill becomes law, Environmental Conservation Police efforts with respect to the license will be focused on education and outreach during the remainder of 2009.

In conformance with the ADA, individuals with disabilities who need this information in an alternative format to allow them to benefit and/or participate in the agency’s programs and services, should call 860.424.3051 or 860.418.5937 or e-mail Marcia Z. Bonitto, ADA Coordinator, at: Marcia.Bonitto@ct.gov. Requests for accommodations must be made at least two weeks prior to the program date.

Posted Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:01 pm

will be focused on education and outreach during the remainder of 2009.

What the hell does that mean???

Posted Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:41 am

Hertzy, I think it means when and if a dep officer checks you out for the basic regulations. He will tell you, please be prepared to get screwed out of $10 bucks for a marine license next year or possibly sooner for a marine license and most likely more in the future.

That way he did the outreach by coming to you and educated you on how to bend over.

Posted Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:22 am

Well said Lung, I bought mine before they decided we didn't need it. Refund??

Posted Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:57 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links