Fished a small pond after work expecting a few fish but the bite was on. No large fish but they were hitting from 3-5p.m. I fished a zoom with a bb split shot here's some of the fish.

http://www.ctfishfinder.com/users/s/sandflea/photos/1194324686_Picture%20019.jpg[/img]

Posted Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:22 am

I love small ponds, I had a 2.5 acre pond in Ellington that I stock with 3 pound large mouth bass in three years they were close to 6. I would come home from work, throw on a Senco and catch 3 or 4 bass before dinner. I have sold that property and moved to Granby. I have found some nice ponds in Granby but make sure you get permission first.

Posted Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:09 am

there is a nice little pond where I live chock full of blue gill. near a certain bridge on the edge, there is a visible largemouth that just hangs out there and chases all of the bluegill and eats them. I haven't caught it yet, but it hasn't moved for a few weeks.

Posted Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:30 pm

Cromwell had a lot of small ponds with all the normal fish. Most arnt fishable anymore due to development and siltation. The TPC golf course was fantastic for Bass. 2 friends and I rode our bikes in after dark. We cought about 80 bass total using floating Rapals. We began to wonder if we were catching the same fish over and over! All were between 12 and 14 inches!

Posted Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:45 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links