Sat: Hit the water at 5:30 as we did every day to try and get a topwater bight. Went to St.Catherine and only managed 5 bass for the day. Watermelon sencos worked for us this day. Sunday: we headed for champlain on the VT side and got into a topwater bite that got us 6 fish by 9:00am with poppers and sammys. Found a crib by the paper company and pulled another bass. Found two more useing white crankbaits. Monday: Hit Champlain again, but the wind picked up. After getting three on poppers, we headed to Bomaseen and dropshoted one more. If you launch at the Vt side of Fort Ticondaroga watch for the pileings summeraged in a south wind. Tues: Back to Bomoseen and lost a nice fish at the boat useing a sammy at 6:00 am. Came aropund the south side and smallies were jumping 2-3 feet out of the water straight up. Caught one on a sammy, but no more. Did see a school of pickeral or pike cruiseing, so that may of had them jumping. All this while an eagle chased a hawk. This is why I go to VT. We maneged to get 10 bass for the day, but it was tough. Wed: We fished till 10 at St. Catherine and could only get 2 bass, 2 perch and a small pike. Over all a good vacation, but all fish never got bigger that 14" I've had better numbers up there, so I was disappointed. We'll try again in the spring.

Posted Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:14 pm

I was going to try vermont in july, any suggestions for fishing spots?

Posted Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:36 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links