Saturday, April 25, 2009
Aquarion Water Co. is issuing free season fishing permits to three area reservoirs for people age 18 or older who have lost their jobs.
By presenting official proof of unemployment, along with a valid Connecticut fishing license, anglers can fish along designated shorelines of the company’s Saugatuck Reservoir in Weston, the Far Mill Reservoir in Shelton and the West Pequonnock Reservoir in Monroe. Permits to fish in those reservoirs usually cost $25.
“Looking for work can be a tough, full-time job, especially now,” said Charles V. Firlotte, Aquarion president. “We’d like to make it a little easier for people to relax after a day of pounding the pavement to find a new job.”
Free permits will be issued on Tuesday, April 28, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., at the Aquarion Environmental Center, 714 Black Rock Road (Route 5Cool, Easton.
Information about Aquarion’s fishing and hiking programs can be found at aquarionwater.com.

Posted Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:23 am

I think thats great. My Dads layed off and it sucks but he said he's gonna go check it out. I'm glad I still have a job but if i wasn't working fishing would be what I would rather be doing.

Posted Fri May 01, 2009 5:12 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links