Hello all, my name is William Smith and I am new to CT. I am in the Army and am recruiting out of Middletown. Yes, I am a recruiter, but I will not try to recruit you guys, I am here because I love to fish and thats it. It has been years since I put bait in the water, but I hear there is great fishing here so I am starting back up.

I live out by black pond, so I will be hitting that up this weekend.

Posted Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:47 pm

welcome doc.i am not worried about being recruited,unless your going for fat old guys,lol good luck at black pond

Posted Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:35 pm

Thanks for the welcome! Fished Black pond this morning, switched between worms, trout nuggets, and a rooster tail, nothing bit though. Was pretty crowded this morning, might stop by again on the way home from work today

Posted Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:36 am

Welcome to CT and the site Doc

Good luck this afternoon.

Posted Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:52 am

Hi Doc, Welcome to the room and CT!. I assume you're next to Metro Sprits. I shop there regularly! Look for my built silver Jeep! I live in Meriden also and believe Black Pond is over fished. You may get a stocked trout, a small bass or a little Pickeral. Have fun exploring!

Posted Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:09 am

Yessir, I am right next to Metro Spirits! I believe you about Black Pond being overfished, it was crowded all weekend. Went out by the boat launch at lake Beseck for about an hour yesterday, got a couple of nibbles, but noo luck. I will keep trying though!

Posted Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:33 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links