I know of a few but not that many, I would like to know more because I keep catching all these golden shiners in my backyard pond and have heard that they are good pike bait. Go Fish

Posted Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:31 am

timmeh

I know of a few but not that many, I would like to know more because I keep catching all these golden shiners in my backyard pond and have heard that they are good pike bait. Go Fish

Try lake lillinonah ... Indian wells ... bantam lake..and good luck

Posted Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:33 am

Seeing your near to the eastern side of the state, I'de also second Bantam Lake. CT River Coves are good and the mouth area of the coves leading into the river. Mansfield Hollow has some big bruts also.

Posted Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:06 am

I would highly recommend Bantam. Just find weeds. By the way, I could certainly take some of those golden shiners off your hands Wink I have been trying to find o good place to catch them for a while.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:11 am

Abundance of golden shiners in Black Pond in Middlefield.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:18 pm

mac636

Abundance of golden shiners in Black Pond in Middlefield.

If all goes as planned I'm going to give Black a shot thursday after work at about 5pm Mac.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:07 pm

As others have mentioned, Bantam is great. CT river has some nice spots for pike too. Don't forget about Winchester and Beseck either.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:12 pm

Hey Dawg!!! Besek is on my "soon" list. I'm in middlefield fairly often and for some reason I havent fished there since I was a kid. I'm ready for some deeper water. Seems most of my haunts lately have been 10 feet. I'm ready for some drop shot and carolina fishing, and some jigs on the drop offs.

Posted Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:26 pm

Yeah...Beseck is a nice place to fish. Some big girls in there too.

Posted Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:11 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links