Has anyone ever taken one these courses? At Cabelas or any where else? Has anyone ever taken any course at Cabelas? would this be a type of course where you would get a cert?

Thanks

Basic Coastal Navigation
Learn beginning navigation including the use a chart and tools, understanding your marine compass, dead reckoning, piloting and voyage planning. Prerequisite; a CT Boating Certificate or equivalent, or proof of boating experience. 7 weeks - $45.00 for books and charts. Homework required. Class Starts February 11 and will be held every Wednesday through March 25th. To reserve a space in the class call: David Marriott, 860-871-0162.
6:00 a.m.-8:30 p.m.

Posted Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:11 am

I dont know what the navigation course is all about, but it sounds like a captains license to me

If you get The Fisherman magazine you can check in there for different courses. Its a fairly extensive course with onwater time required and there are different level courses, 6 pack license, 50 ton, 100 ton and I think 200 Tons Master license.

Posted Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:34 pm

sounds like a good course to have. I will give Dave a call tonight. thanks.

Posted Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:06 am

I've taken several including the PWC (personal watercraft course) both of which are required by the state of CT. Many towns offer these by the Coart Gaurd Auxillary.

Posted Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:45 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links