Black pond. Beautiful day. Maybe my last post was too long.
Launched boat at 2pm for first time...was lucky, no others launching as I was nervous about trailers backing in...launched..used everything from trout worms on small hooks, to rubber salamanders. ....rooster tails.....floats, livers, at the bottom.....no bites, nothing...until sunset when I caught one pickerel, which I consider to smell bad and taste bad alike...released him...and upon sunset, boat launch was full of teens with hooks, unwilling to make way for the inflatable boat i was intending to return in. Very frustrating.
Typically I would go off on the inconsiderate, but this night I kept quiet and left ASAP. At sunset many fish were jumping...I saw no large ones...

Posted Fri May 11, 2012 11:03 pm

I was shocked, even with the long small trout worms, not even one nibble...wow..fished bottom and top..

Posted Fri May 11, 2012 11:06 pm

If you were at Black Pond in Middlefield fishing for trout, use a meal worm on a 4Ft leader with a slip sinker. Thread a powerbait or even one of those mini marshmellows onto the hook and push it up over the eye of the hook, then put on your meal worm. Marshmellow floats and keeps hook/meal worm suspended off the bottom above the weed line. Deepest section is along the left shore as you leave the boat launch. Early morning usually best.

Posted Sat May 12, 2012 11:36 pm

Thank You for the info!

Posted Mon May 14, 2012 12:28 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links