Hello, Might have posted this in the wrong area earlier so I have reposted here. Very nice site at an excellant price. Please keep up the good work. Anyway I live here in Ct. and I am new to salt water fishing. I trailer my boat from Putnam down to the east side of the Gold Star Bridge to launch. I try to catch fish (Blues and Strippers) in the Thames from Norwich to the Gold star, The Race, and south side of Fishers. Would like to meet up with someone who fishes in the same area to fish with or follow to learn this new way of life. Things are alot different fishing here in salt water than fishing in Lake Champain in Vermont. In return I can give you many pointer fishing in the Northern part of L.C. Thank You.

Posted Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:34 am

Well went to Norwich Harbor and fished behind the P.D. yesterdat afternoon. I was there from 3:30 to 6:30. On the last cast I caught the only fish. A stripper 18" to 22" long. But it was snagged. Is this common when fishing "the schoolies". The spot where I caught this fish was in the same spot that I thought I was getting a hit, for like an hour. Am I to asume that I was just bouncing off of fish for an hour? I was using a Mr. Twister white with a 1/2 oz red lead head.

Posted Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:31 am

yep thats common,just got to fish very,vey slow,bounce it on the bottom

Posted Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:23 pm

I have fished and SCUBA the waters around Fishers for a little over 40 years. I enjoy meeting new anglers and teaching them good spots to fish. Let me know if you would like to get together for a trip around Fishers. One of the top bass spots in S. New England.

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:32 pm

Don't forget your first mate HEY!!

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:24 pm

Well Thank you very much Capt. Bob Salerno, I just sent you a PM. Oh sure look who is piping up now.... It's Mr. Forgetfully, Elon "Hertzy"...................wow...................... Rolling Eyes

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:12 pm

Oh thats right I forgot to mention the one that never calls his buddy to go fishing with him!!!!

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:13 pm

rogerhey

Oh thats right I forgot to mention the one that never calls his buddy to go fishing with him!!!!

wow, you say that like I was referring to me as your first mate. I was speaking of Steph. As a captain of a fleet, I"M NO ONES FIRST MATE! Cool

Posted Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:06 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links