Hi everyone. I live in Middletown and usually fish at lake beseck, crystal lake, dooley pond, and quannipag. I'm interested in finding a new place to go where the bass fishing is good. Any suggestions? I also love candlewood lake but I no longer have a boat. Sad

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:31 pm

check job lot saw they had Kiwi style kayaks for sale for about 150-200 they have a huge cock-pit makes for roomy fishing and there very easy to row and carry so its a light cartop boat ....as for places to go Check out mansfeild hollow the road runs along most of it on 1 side as well as miles of trails around it ...ill be the guy in the middle with the big bass on the line.....lol

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:13 pm

Hey thanks. Never been to Mansfield. I'll give it a shot. I'll be the girl in the kayak with a bigger bass....lol..jk

Posted Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Nice........

Posted Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:37 pm

http://oceanstatejoblot.com/flyer/

hey heres this weeks flyer check out the yak they got ...Not the 1 I was thinking of but might do ..they even may have others saw a couple different types in bristol store ...If you pick 1 up need help outfiting it I still have some plastic from repair on wifes yak few years back we could mount you a rod holder if you need 1...keep it in mind offers open

Posted Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:05 pm

Hey thank you! I will definitely let you know and I appreciate ur offer. I was also looking at cabelas, they have one for 250$. I'll let you know what I get and I'll keep my distance in Mansfield so I don't catch all ur fish Wink lol jk

Posted Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:21 pm

Be careful when buying an inexpensive yak. Stability is a huge factor. Dick's Sporting goods has a few options. They have sales all the time, so watch the flyers or check online. Some of the shorter yaks with a rounded hull tend to be tippy and track terribly. Last year on opening day I saw a guy roll his new yak 50 feet from shore just after he launched. I towed it in while he swam for shore to get in his car and go home (it was freaking COLD). He must have picked his yak up later in the day, cause I never saw him again.
Get the right yak and you will not have this issue.

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:36 am

Defently check your options ...the collinsville canoe shop will let you try the different styles for free there right on the river in collensville so you can take them right out that way you get whats comfortable for you (but hes pricey)...hull shape dictates the stability a lot more than the price dose...the best style ive seen is the kiwi hull shape not a great river boat in fast water they are flat on botton with a large roomy cock-pit (would be my choice) very stable boat they track well in flat water and are great for lakes and small ponds ,Like Mac636 said the rounder the bottom the more tippy they become generaly speaking with yak,s short turns fast round bottom tip more so look at long boats with flat bottoms would be best for beginner. More often than not the price is set by the materal and thinkness of the plastic hull was molded from sun is not your freind with these boats so find a shadey place to store it to extend its life. thats about all the shopping tips for now happy boat hunting.

Posted Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:46 am

try fisher meadow in farmington of rt 10 i believe its old farms road lots of shore access. lmb/sunnys calicos yellow perch carp trout turtles! o n good luck n have fun!

Posted Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:33 pm

theres a few decent places to fish out this way in farmington ...you a boater ? Carry in or trailer type ...or a beach pounder ...or a river walker all these thing depend on where Ill hook ya up with in my area ....also if your alone we could allways hook up and you could boat up with me for a few trips out.

Posted Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:14 am

Leanne- 15 minutes down RT9 south exit 6 (Chester) is Cedar Lake. You really need at least a yak to catch fish there as the walk up spots are pretty high in traffic and over fished. Big stuff for the taking with a boat. Just down the road is Pattaconk Res. Lots of walk up spots all around the lake, but you need to have some hike in you to get away from the crowd that is having a party at the beach. These two places are my easy go to spots as I live a couple miles away.

Posted Wed May 02, 2012 12:00 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links