please give me some tips about fishing in salt water

Posted Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:21 am

what kind of fishing will you be doing? surf casting ?

Posted Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:21 am

Hey dhanzz the majority of saltwater fishing around here is done in the summer and fall months.

Allong the lines of paulychokabitchs' reply; much of what type of fish that will be available to you depends on whether or not you have access to a boat. There are plenty of places to fish from shore but having a boat opens up a world of oportunities.

Also realize that unlike freshwater fish, salt water fish migrate so durring certain times of the year specific species just wont be here. It's not like fresh water where you can concievably catch anything anytime and you just need to change techniques.

These are inshore species that are primary targets, forgive me if I left any out.
Blue Fish
Stripers
Black fish
Fluke (summer flounder)
Flounder (winter flounder) (a little hard to come by these days)
Porgys (scup)
Black Sea Bass
Weakfish

There are many other less targeted species. There are also many species that can be found outside the limits of the sound (Long Island sound).

Posted Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:00 pm

By the way I just noticed this post is in the freshwater forum. You may get more info if you asked the same question in the saltwater general discussion.

Posted Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:11 pm

Hiya wlfdangler123 welcome to the site. Great explanation, with little info to go on
Good point about the forum, that can be fixed easy enough.

Posted Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:50 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links