Honor Veterans Striped Bass Tournament on the CT River, Sunday, May 6, 2012.

Sponsored by TAVF (www.tavf.org) and River's End Tackle. This is an awesome group out of Branford who get local veterans out of the VAs for a day of fishing. They rely on local anglers for assistance. Was lucky enough to be able to help out season before last, and hope to do so again this year. Fished with a guy who landed on Omaha and another who lost his sight in Afghanistan. Take a Vet Fishing are now on Facebook as well. No more details about the tournament yet, but check their page or River's End Tackle in Saybrook. Would be nice to get a contingent of CTFishfinders out there.

HAVE OLD GEAR THAT HASN'T SEEN THE WATER IN A WHILE? They are always looking for serviceable rods, reels, etc.

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:54 pm

thats a hot Idea thanks for post redneck

Posted Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:08 pm

THE CONNECTICUT RIVER HONOR VETERANS STRIPED BASS TOURNAMENT MAY 6, 2012
A group of local fishermen got together to organize a contest that would honor and benefit disabled vets, recognize the Connecticut River and promote conservation of striped bass.
Entry fee is $25 for adults and $10 for children under 12.
There will be a cook out and awards ceremony after the tournament. All net proceeds will be go to the Branford Veterans Outreach.

BASIC RULES

-This is a catch and release tournament.
-Artificial lures or flies only, no bait allowed.
-You may fish the Connecticut River from Windsor Locks to the Old Saybrook Breakwater.
-All entries must be photographed, measured with an official tape and emailed to the judges.
-You may fish from shore or boat
For more information or to enter contact Fishing Factory III, 860-344-9139 or Rivers End Tackle, 860-388-2283

Last edited by redneckangler on Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:50 am

thank you for ino red

Hey Red do you have your angler yet? Im definately looking to do this my daughter should deliver buy then . Maybe we could turn this into a tailgate party as well as a fish day for vets find a launch thats free like salmon river and fish for the day then rally up and compare photos and have some dogs or something make it a real day out let me know Ill make a call and get me a angler......

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:32 am

Thanks for the heads up on the date 'cloud. I am definately going to fish this, most likely out of Salmon River if guys want to meet up there. My boat is pretty much set up for solo fishing, but there isn't a requirement that you have 2. Be happy to fish with you or maybe Angry John will be looking for a ride? Carp and some others might be enticed down from further north. I think it would be fun to meet up at one location so we could have a post tourny tailgate. Yak guys can fish out of there as well as put in down by the Opera House. Just below the bridge is often a good spot when the herring run.

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:02 pm

Ive got my boat as well so if we can intrest enough ppl we can put few bodys out on the water and off the beach . Will still need beach walkers to man the grills ... ..............mmmmmm Beach Munchies

But your right that area of the river with it slower current lends itself well to the paddle ppl aswell . Lets see how many ppl want to hook up we can expand on the idea as we go................

Posted Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:15 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links