Anyone ever notice ..........

Life is perfect before the water opens up for fishing. Nothing ever gos wrong then the seasion opens up you get out 1 maybe 2 times and this guy shows up (Murphy the evil fishing god) and poof you blow a power steereing hose go to fix it and POOF!! there he is again broken bolt ... seem every time you turn around poof poof poof hes everywhere trying to keep you from fishing until you feel like ...STOP right there and remember just as long as you got a stix and 1 hook 10 yards of string you can allways go fishin Go Fish
Tight lines all .....see ya on the water...and if you see this guy ---> throw some dead worms at him for me will ya

Posted Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:03 am

Gee thought it was only me. Wink

Posted Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:13 pm

Glad to say I don't normally have that problem since I fish 12 months out of the year...but trust me, Murph drops in plenty

Posted Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:18 pm

Funny, the boat in my avatar is Team Murph, our old boat was "Murphys law 2, and obviously our first boat was Murphys Law. So we're with ya. Good luck this season. Hope to see you on the water somewhere soon. Still have lots of trailer work to do, dragging my ass, sometimes just too tired after working 50+ hours every week to do it.

Posted Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:40 pm

50+ hours a week at work and side jobs at night and still trying to get boat ready for water on weekends. F the trailer Tundra will get it to the ramp. Oh did I mention we have a 2 1/2 and a 4 year old. Plenty of time to sleep when I take the big dirt nap. Till then I will fish! Shocked Thank god for 5 hour energy.

Posted Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:26 pm

Hila.....

whats up with the trailer? anything I can do to help you to get it ready Im pretty handy with tools and wires.... give me a tap maybe we can do a couple hours to get ya on the water

Posted Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:31 pm

Well thanks much for the offer of help. We actually had 4 days off this weekend and with the winds making kayaking a death defying feat, we put in the hours and got it done. Lots of scraping, wire brushing, cleaning, and finally 3 coats of paint. It's not brand new(26 years old) but it looks 100% better than it did. Also installed a new jack stand and heavy duty winch. Now it just comes to making sure all the bolts are tight, and checking the hubs and greasing them. Of course the worst part is yet to come the DMV!!! Crying or Very sad That will probably be next Thursday night. Hey reefrat, already raised and sent our kids off, been there done that, at the same time as working 50+ and playing in a band 4 nights a week, and fishing on weekends. So I hear ya, good luck.

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Thanks hila I'm gonna need it. Got the four year old hooked on fishing already. My fishing buddy Laughing Go Fish And the avatar is from Sunday we have splash down. Hope to see you out there.

Posted Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:02 pm

no problem Hila just trying to help where i can....offer stand for any member here pm me if your in need of help getting ready for the up comeing seasion

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:52 am

Do you babysit?

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:58 am

only other fisherman ......and they must bring there own gear and nappy time snaks....lol

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:15 pm

May have to take you up on that someday. Always willing to learn some new tips.

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:48 pm

Anytime you want to head out reef allways ready to go out fishing give me a tap

Posted Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:07 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links