All,

I have just generated PDF bathymetry (depth) maps for over 100 CT lakes...For Fish Locations that have a PDF available, you will see a link called View Bathymetry Map under that location's details. You can access these locations from the Map View or just going to Find Locations.

Here is a sample map for Alexander Lake:

http://www.ctfishfinder.com/bathymetry/CT/CT_Alexander_Lake.pdf

Just use the PDF zoom controls to zoom into your area of interest. Hopefully this will help our 2009 season.

Dave O

Posted Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:57 pm

How can we get to other Lakes in CT Question Is there a pull down Question these are great tools......

Posted Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:18 pm

John one way I found that works is go to tab "MAP VIEW" wait for it to load, search for the body of water you are interested in.

I tried to use it the other day, and didn't have much time and gave up. Tonight I tried and found it the way I described above.

Great addition Dave...very useful.

If I can make a comment or two when using it, I found it took a long time to load a lake, I tried Crystal lake as a test, that may just be the price of having it available.

With no surrounding roads or land marks, it is difficult to figure where you are on a lake without a North arrow indicator, unless I missed it.

Really nice tool to have available.

Posted Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:59 pm

I might add them to their own section, but one way you can get to one youre looking for is goto Find Locations (under the Find Trips dropdown)...search for your lake. When you click the lake you want, there will be a link under its details called "View Bathymetry Map". This will load up a PDF with the lake's bathymetry depths.

Bob, if you scrolll to the bottom of the PDF i have a North Arrow and Scalebar. Depending on your connection speed, the PDF maps could take some time to download. They range in size from 500K to 3MB depending on the lake's complexity.

I am looking at some new hosting so that I can serve up these bathymetry maps directly on the Map View tab, but right now cannot afford the extra cost so well have to deal with the PDFs for now. Hopefully by this summer I'll get it up there.

Stay tuned.

Dave O

Posted Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:52 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links