got up at 3 am,and was at my buddy's house by 4,loaded the truck and headed out.we were on the ice by 5,suprisingly the lake was loaded.we were lucky to get our normal spot.the turny didnt start untill 7.we placed out our tip ups where we wanted to be,and started the grill for breakfast and waited for 7,we had the normal breakfast bacon,eggs,venison steak,kilbosa,dr.migillicutty Wink .7 came and there was no need to hear the horn,all you heard was the starting of power augers,the game has started.

within min.of setting everything up,franks flag went up,a nice 2.6 lbs largemouth.this would be his only one for the day.it ended up for a 3 place finish,i was place 20 ft along the shoreline.i landed 11 trout all in the slot limit 12-16 inches,,i had one that would have placed it was 15-3/4 inches at 2.9 pounds it was shaped like a football.mike was in the hotspot landing bass,until a suprising 18 inch brown came up .he ended up with a 5 place finish.
joe had sneak fish,keep taking his bait,he could never land him.but kept him busy.
jay had a couple tipups keeping him busy,all small bass.

in all we had a great day,2 guys in out group placed,out of 130

Posted Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:47 am

we play a trick on mike while we went to scale in.we took a beer and put it on the hook and placed his tip-up back up.he found it when he was checking his bait,thought the fish was sitting on the bottom and never put the flag up

Posted Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:48 am

Now thats a good day of fishing. Congrads on the placement.

Posted Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:13 am

Great bunch of fish there BigO. Did your buddies beer can place
What were the prizes for 3rd and 5th??

Posted Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:57 am

lol,no,12 oz didnt make the cut,3 rd was 150,5th was 50

Posted Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:05 am

Great report!Looks like you guys had a fun day.Congrats!!!

Posted Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:56 am

CT Fish Finder

Social Links