finally got some time off and got out on the ice for the first time this season got there at 700 am and was all set up by 730.i was fishing in 6-10 feet of water with the minnow set about 2 feet from the bottom.weather was better than perfect.had a flurry of action for the first hour and a half then died nothing untill i was packing up at noon,managed 1 flag.all were small pickeral,everyone was a quick release at the hole.planning on hitting black pond in woodstock on wed.

Posted Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:47 pm

You definitely picked a good day to get out.
At least you had some action and avoided the skunk.
Good luck at Black pond, the weather might be just a little colder.

Posted Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:52 pm

i like the cold,give you something to do when the action is slow,cleaning the holes out,sat i am in the rockville elks turny at crystal lake

Posted Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:32 pm

bigoutdoors

i like the cold,give you something to do when the action is slow

I was the same way until I started jigging. Now I find myself constantly drilling holes all over the place in search of that hot spot.
So that keeps me plenty busy.

Good luck in the derby at Crystal. Have you ice fished that place much?? It's never been very kind to me ice fishing, a few but that's it.

Posted Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:29 am

i dont fish it much,but always done well at the turny,last year they didnt have one.the year befor placed 2nd,my buddy the year befor that placed 1st,i place 3rd

Posted Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:30 am

I fished it 2 years ago myself, did you guys have a quad??

I fished it with Skipperj9 here on the site and his best bud Ned.

We didn't do real well but Ned did ok jigging up a dead perch Laughing

Posted Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:33 pm

Thats just not funny

I am disgusted with crystal lake

Posted Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:39 pm

no quad just walked.

lol that funny.it takes some skill to get a dead fish to bite.hate to be around him when theres live fish around Laughing Laughing

Posted Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:56 pm

Still havent upgraded the avatar yet skip???......i may have an opportunity for you......have made arrangements for parking at Pocotopaug....maybe we will try it next week...you game???

Posted Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:20 pm

Yo tbob...tell him we have to pay for parking...it will cost him $5 bucks..done deal....he's out!
Don't mean to hijack your thread BigO

Posted Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:24 pm

CT Fish Finder

Social Links